It was not until I was given two bushels of home-grown pears from my awesome neighbors this year that I realized I needed to learn how to make delicious homemade Pear Sauce from scratch. And if you know me well, you know that is NOT something I would typically do. One of my weaker points as a wife/momma is in the kitchen. Thankfully for the last few years I have been asking and allowing God to stretch me and grow my cooking abilities.
Since I love saving money and being wise stewards with the gifts God has given us I took the challenge making homemade Pear Sauce from scratch 🙂 I wanted to use my crockpot since I love making my life just a little easier cooking.
Here is how I make my homemade Pear Sauce
- 30 pears of all sizes with skin peeled off (you can use any amount)
- 10 packets of Stevia (from Aldi) You can use sugar 1/2 if desired instead of Stevia
- 1 Tsp of Ginger
- 1 Tbsp of Lite Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup of Water
- 1 small dash of Sea Salt
Steps to Make Delicious Pear Sauce:
- Rinse and peel Pears (I used my potato peeler)
- Cut pears into smaller pieces (see below)
- Put Crockpot on High and put in cut pears
- Put all the ingredients in and stir
- Let it cook for 4 hours on high til super mushy
- Put in blender or since I don’t have a blender, I simply mashed it with up the pears with a large spoon
- Let it cool and place in refrigerator (unless you like it warm)
It did not yield as much as I thought, but it was well worth the work to use these beautiful home-grown pears.
Oh my goodness, it was better than I thought it would be! It was delicious and so good that each one of my boys love it! YEAH! Now that is a major win!
For a fun bonus, use your old applesauce cups and re-fill them with your Pear Sauce. Then put foil on top for the weeks lunches. As a thank you gift for my awesome neighbors, I wanted to give them some of my Pear Sauce.
Thank you Ben + Brenna, I hope you liked your Pear Sauce 🙂