There have been days, weeks and even seasons in my life when trials have come at me like tidal waves. One after another the waves hit me and push me down. As I struggle to get up and gain footing, another tidal wave comes and knocks my feet right out from under me and I get pulled underwater feeling helpless.
Have you ever been there?
Maybe you’re not encountering one tidal wave trial after another. Maybe you were hit by one large wave that completely knocked you down and you’re not sure how to deal with life right now.
Are you barely treading water only to take a quick breath before another trial pulls you under? Have you been pleading with the Lord to help you overcome the trials so you won’t completely drown?
What do we do when tidal wave trials are coming at us and all we can do is watch?
Now maybe some of you are not encountering any trials in this present moment, but there are many who are. I am sharing this for all of those who wading in the watery trials of this life. This is for for those who are hurting, praying, seeking, asking the Lord to help them overcome these trials through His strength.
- Waves of grief
- Waves of loss
- Waves of weariness
- Waves of emotional pain
- Waves of relational strain
- Waves of isolation and loneliness
- Waves or persecution
- Waves of health issues
- Waves of doubt
- Waves of confusion
No matter how you feel in this moment God has not forgotten you!
No matter what lies the enemy is whispering to your heart and mind- God loves you with unfailing, unrelenting, everlasting LOVE! He cares for you. He is fighting for you even when we can not see it with our earthly eyes.
No matter what tidal wave trials that come your way, the Righteous Rock is waiting for you to grab ahold of Him!
“Listen to me, you who pursue righteousness, you who seek the LORD: look to the rock from which you were hewn, and to the quarry from which you were dug.” Isaiah 51:1 ESV
“Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD GOD is an everlasting rock.” Isaiah 26:4 ESV
The righteous, eternal, everlasting ROCK will hold you and keep you safe through all the tidal waves that come your way. Our Rock never guarantees we will not encounter tidal wave trials, but He does guarantee us safety and refuge so we will not be overwhelmed and drowned in our current circumstance.
“The Rock! His work is perfect, For all His ways are just; A God of faithfulness and without injustice, Righteous and upright is He.” Deuteronomy 32:4 NASB
“For who is God, but the Lord? And who is a rock, except our God?” 2 Samuel 22:32 ESV
“There is none holy like the Lord; there is none besides you; there is no rock like our God.” 1 Samuel 2:2 ESV
The only thing that can give us peace during the tidal wave trials is Our ROCK! He is our safety from all that is surrounding us. He is our refuge from the waters that attempt to take us under. When we grab ahold of the Rock, the Maker and Lord of heaven and earth, we will have secure footing and surety in Him alone! No one else can save us, but the Lord will help and comfort us through it all.
Our ROCK will:
- Calm the waters of the stormy seas just as Jesus did. But even if He chooses to let the waters rage, TRUST in Him no matter how many tidal wave trials come at you.
- Hush the waves of confusion when we put our complete trust in Him. He can give you secure footing and safety when you surrender all you anxieties and worries to Him.
- Be your best friend through the waves of isolation and loneliness. He doesn’t want only a part of you, He wants all of you!
- Be your strength when you feel weary and exhausted from life. God is your strength in time of trouble. Keep praising God in the midst of the trials because the joy of the Lord is your strength.
- Give you peace and clarity instead of confusion. He will give you understanding and wisdom in every situation if you ask Him.
- Comfort you as the waves of grief come crashing in. God is close to the brokenhearted. He will give you beauty for ashes.