I had a few fun shopping trips this weekend as a Mystery Shopper. Here are all the items I got for FREE on my shopping trips. Before coupons and sales these items would have totaled $36.37. I typically do my grocery shopping at Aldi because I save more money that way, but then there are weeks like this, when I get some really great items for FREE at my mystery shop store.
I have been couponing and freebie shopping for over four years now. It can be lots of fun, most of the time. Some of my shopping trips have been featured on my favorite website, Money Saving Mom here and here in the past. And I used to blog about saving money on an old blog I used to have here. So, needless to say I am excited to share with you some great freebies you can get by couponing + mystery shopping.
How I was able to get all this for FREE? Here are three reasons:
- Great Sale Prices at grocery store this last week (sadly it is over now)
- Mystery Shopping
When I start combining the sales at mystery store + coupons + mystery shopping I end up with a lot of great items for little to no money spent or I get reimbursed a specific amount for mystery shopping at the store. For the items above I did two different mystery shops and it paid well for me to do them, to get all those items for FREE! This is the cost breakdown.
- Oil of Olay Regularly $8.99 – on sale for $5.99 (Part of Buy 5 Save $5) + coupon $1.50 off Digital Kroger Coupon = $4.49
- Frosted Flakes $2.59 (Part of Buy 5 Save $5) + coupon $1.00 off = $0.59
- Frosted Flakes $2.59 (Part of Buy 5 Save $5) + coupon for FREE Box of Frosted Flakes in my digital Kroger coupons = FREE
- 2 Listerine Floss on sale for $.99 (Part of Buy 5 Save $5) + coupon for $1.00 OFF = 2 FREE Floss
- Angel Soft 12 double rolls $5.99
- Playtex bottle nipple $4.97 + coupon for $5.00 = FREE
- Nestea Liquid Tea $3.49 + Kroger Free Friday Download = FREE
- Tweezers $.99
- Kroger Bandages $1.00
- Kroger Ointment $2.49
- Kroger Peanut Butter $1.49 + coupon $.50 off = $0.99
- Bananas (bought some, but they are already eaten..lol!) $1.29
Once my shopping was all done, I submitted my receipt and completed my mystery shop reports, and then I will get reimbursed and paid = FREE stuff! For some people this might not be worth their time, but as of right now in my family’s life, this works for us. I like saving money, I enjoy couponing and I like getting things for FREE!
If you have any questions about Mystery Shopping, leave a comment or question below. If I get enough questions, I will do another post on mystery shopping (I do not get any referral money for this mystery shop if you sign up).
Do you like couponing, and if so where is your favorite place to coupon? I would love to hear from you, leave a comment below or feedback about how you save money.