CHANGE. Most of us either like this word or have a knee-jerk reaction to the word change. In either case, change happens in our life all around us. It can be small things, or it can be a drastic change that affects every area of ones life.
Lately I have been thinking about how the little things we do in our day to day life really do matter. We hope, think, think some more about wanting to change things in our life, but can’t figure out how, or we get stuck on all the things that we think we have to do to change that one thing in our life.
We see this big obstacle of what needs to be changed but can’t figure out how to accomplish it. We desire to make change in our life but it seems so drastic, so we settle for where we are and dream about where we want to be.
Sometimes we make it too hard on ourselves and we look how CHANGE can be a positive thing in our life.
Many of us need to CHANGE our perspective of CHANGE.
Don’t let change overwhelm you, instead let change motivate you to grow and become who God made you to be.
When we are growing more like Christ change needs to occur, and this is what the Bible says:
- “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done” (Philippians 4:6, NLT).
- “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things” (Philippians 4:8, ESV).
- “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1:9, ESV).
Do not let fear of change keep you from moving forward.
If God is calling you to it, then HE will equip you to do it!
Don’t let fear of the unknown keep you stuck in this life.
Some of the best things have happened to me when I stepped out in faith and trusted the Lord in making specific changes in my life.
<< Make One Small Change, One Step at a Time >>
Step out and make one small change, one step at a time. Trust in the Lord, because He is doing something new in you today dear friend!
TODAY, not tomorrow, I am making one small change in my life. The little things do matter and they will affect our life in a big way. You might not see the benefits of your change today or tomorrow, but give it a few weeks and most likely you will be proud of yourself for making that one small change weeks earlier.
Look at the big picture and then take one small step to get closer to your big picture change.
In what way do you need to step out and make one small change today?
- Get up early and spend time with the Lord (even 10 minutes matters)
- Start exercising (walking, jogging, anything to get you moving)
- Drinking more water
- De-cluttering a specific space in your house
- Leaving love-notes for your spouse or children
- Eating more veggies or fruits in a day
- Going to bed early
- Journaling to the Lord
<< Make One Small Change TODAY! >>
Don’t let guilt drive you to make change, let the Lord lead you and then hold onto what He has called you to do. It is for your good, He loves you dear one.
Even though our life is constantly changing, the Lord never changes. James 1:17 reminds us,
“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.”